Our client is looking for a hands-on energetic Controller to help lead the Company to the next level. This person must be a critical thinker who has the ability to implement methods and solutions to achieve Company goals, and the ability to solve system problems and implement policies and procedures as corrective actions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervise, mentor and develop the property accountants
Ensure the accuracy and timely delivery of monthly reporting packages related to over 15 properties and their corresponding LLC’s to their respective owners
Oversee month, quarter and year-end closings to ensure GAAP compliance
Review all aspects related to the financial statements, including but not limited to Journal Entries, Accruals, Bank Reconciliations, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
Ensure accuracy of Annual Budgets and CAM Reconciliations
Actively participated in the hiring and onboarding of new team members
Closely work with external CPA Firm in order to ensure all necessary information for the tax returns is received timely and accurately
Prepare cash flow projections for all investors, as per their individual needs
Process and approve payroll for all company employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA a plus
- Minimum 8 years of business accounting experience
- Minimum 4 years of supervisory experience
- Strong Accounts Payable management experience
- Strong overall knowledge of accounting software required.
- Experience with real estate industry software desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Microsoft Project software experience a plus.