The Staff Accountant, in partnership with the Director of Finance, will be responsible for day-to-day financial operations of the company, including financial reporting, general ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, cash flow, and overall financial compliance. This position will be located in beautiful Camas, Washington.
What you will do:
- Supports the development, implementation and management of all financial accounting procedures and practices; providing insights to support a culture of continuous improvement
- Partner with the Director of Finance to prepare monthly financial statements for review by the management team, board members and for other communications
- Participate in the annual budgeting process and monthly reviews; providing information and assistance to department budget owners when requested
- Prepare and post daily and monthly journal entries
- Perform General Ledger analysis, bring insights forward and prepare adjusting entries.
- Prepare and review bank, payroll and other reconciliations; monitor daily bank activity, ACH tax and other electronic payments
- Prepare and review prepaid and accrued expenses
- Review and reverse monthly and year-end accrued expenses
- Provide back up support on all functions in the department, including AP and AR
- Maintains confidential and accurate information, both on paper and electronically
- Maintains up to date knowledge of financial best practices and regulations
- Collaboratively perform other duties as needed and directed to support the goals of the company.
What you will bring:
- BachelorGs degree in accounting, finance or related field; minimum of 3 years accounting or related experience; or overall equivalent.
- Familiarity with GAAP compliance.
- Experience in manufacturing or similarly situated company preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with ERP systems (MS NAV preferred) and report writing. Overall system savviness.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively at all levels and with all customers, internally and externally.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to coordinate and manage projects; develop project plans; manage project teams; and communicate changes and progress of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, take initiative and use independent judgement and decision making, asking for support when appropriate.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated high level of confidentiality and professionalism; ability to establish and maintain trust and credibility.
- Positive attitude; cheer leader for our people, the team, culture, company and brands.
This position is located in an office environment with frequent use of a computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit; see, hear and talk; use hands to finger, handle or feel tools or controls; use hands and arms to reach. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 30lbs is also required.
IF THIS IS YOU: Please send your current resume and any other materials you would like us to consider.
Oregon Ice Cream is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a safe and drug free workplace. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time