Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Job Opportunity at
Posted on Nov 3
Ensuring that company financial statements are in line with management’s requirements and industry standards is part of the job description of an assistant controller. Working under the direction of a corporate controller, the assistant controller prepares financial statements that meet standard accounting principles as well as state and federal regulations.
An Assistant Controller assists the corporate controller in directing an organization's accounting functions. These functions include establishing and maintaining an organization's accounting principles, practices, and procedures. Oversees the preparation financial operating reports, and presents findings and recommendations, is familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while performing a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Ensures there are no errors on a company’s balance sheet or on the statements of profit and loss, cash flows or retained earnings.
• Supervises subordinate personnel in accounts receivable and accounts payable areas of a finance department.
• Oversees and monitors work to improve accounting procedures, internal controls and database management.
• Audits work flow to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed accurately and in compliance with industry standards.
• Reviews and approves expense reports and other expenditures according to company’s code of authorization matrix.
• Supervises the preparation of monthly journal entries.
• Prepares financial statements for Controller review.
• Helps maintain accountability of the financial resources of a company by safeguarding the assets.
• Handles personally or supervises general ledger reconciliations.
• Ensures compliance with all internal controls.
• Trains staff on proper company procedures.
• Reviews monthly closing processes to prevent errors.
• Assists with the preparation of the yearly audit.
• Stays current on changes in regulations and other industry news.
• Assists controller with a variety of tasks as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Possesses strong leadership, supervisory and management abilities.
• Has excellent critical thinking as well as analytical skills.
• Exhibits strong computer skills and knowledge of relevant technology.
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge of financial software programs.
• Possesses exceptional organizational skills and is an effective time manager.
• Displays the ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Demonstrates good interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Has strong knowledge of accepting accounting practices and financial accounting standards.
Bilingual: English/Spanish, both oral and written
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
Minimum of eight years of GL accounting experience
Experience with integrated ERP Accounting systems
SAP experience preferred
Demonstrated ability to deliver while working under time pressure on multiple assignments
Highly effective problem solving and organizational skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to adapt and work well in a rapidly changing environment
Ability to work with other organizations and various levels of management
Microsoft Excel – intermediate to advanced skills
Microsoft Word – basic skills.
Jobs that report to this position
Two Staff Accountants and one Accounts Payable Accountant
VP of Finance
Terms of Usage
ContractingCareers.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2018, All Rights Reserved)