The Accountant will utilize a strong background in Excel to assure all cash transactions are recorded (millions of transaction sales), tracked and matched to bank deposits.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Excellent Excel skills to slice and dice large data sets for reporting and research purposes
- Experience and interest in working with large data files (relating to thousands of retail stores and the daily sales volume at each store)
- Utilizing the Blackline Matching module to match point of sale transactions at retail stores to bank cash deposits and credit card sales
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Month-end close tasks (booking journal entries and writing variance commentary)
- Preparing monthly account reconciliations
- Position is heavy on the data side and lighter on the more traditional accountant tasks.
- Blackline, particularly the Matching module.
- Able to perform analysis and reconciliations of diverse scope.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to resolve problems positively and professionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and analytical abilities.
Education:Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting